The team at NJFPC has been working with attorneys, school board members, actively involved parents, and education experts across the state to develop the tools and resources needed to win the hearts and minds of our fellow New Jerseyans. I am excited and proud of the extensive efforts of all those involved in helping us get NJ back on track – or at least back to normal! With that in mind, I want to share with you some important progress we are making on many fronts.
- Our Spanish resource page “Recursos de Padres” is now LIVE and accessible on our website. These translated documents include some of our most requested resources that show the difference between the Sex Ed Learning Standards and the Diversity Curriculum law, the progressive intimidation tactics of the NJDOE, and letters to express parental objection to curriculum. Please share this with members of the Hispanic community and encourage them to sign up for our email communications that will now be translated into Spanish. The signup form on this specific webpage will only add people to our Spanish translated emails.
- Our initial statewide school board network meeting this month was a great success.An education lawyer serving as an allied attorney to a national Christian firm helped current school board members learn what they can do to protect kids and honor parents. The next meeting is Thursday, April 20. If you or others are interested, please contact our Director of Advocacy, Shawn Hyland – shyland@Njfpc.org
- Our team has been assisting parents and teachers in East Windsor, Chatham, Hamilton, Ocean City, Belmar, Plumsted, and Cinnamonson just in the month of March alone.
But we are not done yet!
- Next month, we will be releasing our video series led by a nationally recognized expert in Health Education. She will inform New Jerseyans about the high-risk comprehensive sex education currently being promoted by the NJ Department of Education compared to sexual risk avoidance standards that should be used for optimum health curriculum. I can’t wait to share that with you!
- Then immediately after that, we will be releasing our Elections 2023 webpage in time for the primary season for state legislative races. We will cut through the “campaign talk” and show you exactly who is fighting for parental rights in education and protection for preborn babies in the womb.
New Jersey Family Policy Center stands ready to protect and advance your values—religious liberty, parental rights, educational freedom, life from conception to natural death, conscience protections for Christian business owners and non-profit organizations—all the issues important to you and your family for generations to come. We appreciate gifts of any size to accomplish this critical mission.
Allan F. Wright